On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 09:46:39AM -0300, Joaquim Quinteiro Uchoa wrote:
> Anthony is really right: it depends if you need swap. In a server with
> 30 users,
> problably not, even in the case where the access is simultaneous (by
> experience
> with servers with 2GB of RAM and 2GB of swap).

One of the benefits of swap is that unused application text, data, etc.
can be paged out in a fairly permanent fashion.  Without swap, that
stuff has to sit in RAM, even if it's not touched for hours or days.

I'm not sure if your load is such that the savings will be a significant
portion of 4G.

Dustin