Mark Haney wrote:
Is there a way I can get portage to show me all the listed kernel sources I've installed? When I've removed kernel sources I no longer need because of upgrades I've just rm -rf the kernel directory. Since I've done that, I've realized that portage is probably keeping that in in world as installed and I would like to keep the portage db as clean as possible.

Does that make sense?

Sure, I've worked that way as well.

A great addition is:

emerge eix and run 'update-eix'. This builds a database of installed packages. Then

% eix gentoo-sources            (or vanilla-sources or whatever)

will list all the available ebuilds for gentoo-sources and highlight those that portage thinks are installed.

'unmerge'ing those you don't want will clean up portage's database of installed packages. Doesn't remove /lib/modules/<kernel-version>/ though or old kernels from /boot/. Seems that manual deletion is required here.

HTH

BobS