Here's yet another (possibly stupid) question I have to ask. I've been mucking with the ViewPortageX karamba theme and noticed today that I have several packages that are showing having newer versions available. However, when I run emerge -upD world, these packages do not show up as having an upgrade available. To double check what ViewPortageX is displaying, I ran an emerge -s on one of the packages (ktorrent in this case) and I am seeing that there is a newer version available. I also have checked this with a couple of other files that are showing up in VPX and not in emerge -upD world and they match up.

What's the deal with this? Is it something simple? (And yes I've double checked the settings in VPX, it is amd64 and stable, which is what I'm running almost exclusively except for a few items.)

--
Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator