On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 02:27:46AM -0700, Andrei Slavoiu wrote:

> Do you have Xorg 7.2? The driver for this card was
> only included starting from this version, so if you
> use the current stable xorg you need to switch to the
> testing version.

Yes, Xorg 7.2 with the 1.7.4 driver (actually the modesetting branch
matching same, as I'm using an LCD and wanted 1680x1050 resolution
support), Mesa 6.5.2 with 2.6.20.3 kernel

With DRI off, glxgears/etc work though of course slowly. With them on,
anything talking to gl fails, eg:

(motoko ~)$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
glxinfo: bufmgr_fake.c:746: bmGenBufferStatic: Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted

Backtrace shows the assertion inside i965_dri.so

I also tried xorg-server-1.2.99.903.ebuild and xf86-video-i810-1.9.94,
which failed entirely (segfault on driver load, trashed the display
state and rendered the entire console unusable).

Glad to know this is working for someone at least - so hopefully it's
just something with my configuration or specific versions, or at the
worst a hardware problem. Maybe DRI works under 4:3 screen layouts but
not others? I can live with slow 3D, it's not essential to my workflow
but it's very frustrating when your hardware doesn't seem to work as
it should.

-Jack