On Wednesday 25 April 2007 14:03:50 Dustin C. Hatch wrote:
> If you don't want the versions, as Duncan wrote, I would suggest that
> you use eix.  eix -I will provide a pretty-printed list of all the
> packages installed on your system.

The big difference between the last command in my previous response to this
thread and an eix command like:

# eix -nI --format '<category>()/<name>()' | \
    grep -v '^$\|^Found\ [0-9]*\|^\[[0-9]*\]'

is that the eix command will include all installed packages (including those
that would show up if you run emerge --depclean -p) whereas the emerge
command will only show packages that are either in world or a dependency of a
package in world (direct or indirect). --with-bdeps (see `man emerge`) also
affects the emerge package list.

--
Bo Andresen