try using powerthend as a daemon with userspace governor under linux, and in
winzoz download the cpu program for dual core daemon from amd site....
powethend gives you the power you need when you need it, and for i have
learned it is able to handle both cores....

2007/7/12, Thanasis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

on 07/12/2007 01:17 PM Bernhard Auzinger wrote the following:
> [...]
CPUs'
>> --
>> Piotr
>
> There has to be no difference between the two cores on dual-core
processors.
> That's because the bogomips-benchmark is a "calculated" benchmark that
> depends mostly on the clock frequency and since the two cores on
dual-core
> athlons/opterons use the same clock, it's not possible to have different
> values on that type of dual-core processor. I've absolutely identical
values
> (4825.77 bogomips) for both cores of my Athlon64 X2 4600+.
>
> If you have two processors (f.ex. two single-cores) on your mainboard,
than
> you will have two slightly different values because of the slightly
different
> clock of the two processors. In your case it seems that the second
processor
> has a decreased clock. I'm sure you have enabled cool'n'quiet.
>
> Rgds

Actually I had never changed the CPUs freq/governor states, and they
were set to 800MHz/userspace.
After I changed their state using gnome applet, and from then on,  the
two CPUs' bogomips values  where equal.
For governor set to performance here they are:
#cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep -E 'proc|MHz|bogomips'
processor       : 0
cpu MHz         : 1800.000
bogomips        : 8125.24
processor       : 1
cpu MHz         : 1800.000
bogomips        : 8125.24

However, if I boot into M$ windblows (dual boot system), then boot into
linux without touching the CPUs' freq/gov state the MHz/bogomips values
are changed back to:
processor       : 0
cpu MHz         : 800.000
bogomips        : 3611.94
processor       : 1
cpu MHz         : 800.000
bogomips        : 1603.39

The 800 MHz is because I have compiled with
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_USERSPACE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE=y