On Sunday 15 July 2007 10:15, Thierry de Coulon wrote:

> My problem is that while everything installed well, on the next start I had
> no network more. I've found out that running
> /usr/lib/vmware/net-services.sh creates the missing /dev/vmnet0, so now I'd
> like that script to be run every start.

I think I'd prefer to find out why that script isn't being run
from /etc/init.d/vmware, or if it is, why it isn't setting up the network
connection properly. By the way, what is "workstation 5"? And which kind of
vmware are you using? Workstation? Server?

On this box, installing vmware-server pulls in vmware-modules, which builds
two kernel modules: vmnet and vmmod. The former should be setting your
network up.

--
Rgds
Peter.