2007/7/26, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:44:12 +0100
> Peter Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Any ideas on why I get (-nsplugin) on all these? I have USE=nsplugin
>> in /etc/make.conf, but it's being overridden. What's doing that? Have I
>> inadvertently got no-multilib somehow? I've followed the java upgrade
>> guide
>> and its friends, but they shed no light on this one.
>>
> They are (-nsplugin) because they're masked on amd64, for the 32bit
> browser plugin use emul-linux-x86-java. Blackdown had a 64bit plugin,
> it still exists, but is masked too because of security issues.

I think that emul-linux-x86-java doesn't work with 64-bit
firefox browser. It just works with mozilla-firefox-bin, which
is 32-bit.

that's incorrect!!!! the emul-linux libraries are 32 bit libraries that are
to be used with firefox amd64  not firefox-bin for the conversion of 32 bit
plugins to 64bit plugins.... or better explained, they're a layer for
executing 32bit plugins on 64bit firefox compiled.... that's why they're a
dependencies for the nspluginwrapper library....
anyway, just use the howto flash9 and java with firefox on amd 64 from
http://gentoo-wiki.com/

Reference:
http://www.gentoo.org/news/zh_cn/gwn/20070521-newsletter.xml