2007/8/8, B. Nice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Peter,
>         I'm running a non-~amd64 box as well.  My package.keywords file is
> getting rather large, but it's still a "stable" system.  I'd have to
> guess that it is something with the new kernel, as I'm running
> x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-100.14.09 under the 2.6.20-gentoo-r8 kernel
> and not having problems with the sandbox violations.  Granted this may
> be a faulty supposition as some of the major "unstable" packages I'm
> running is gcc-4.2.0 and glibc-2.6.
>
>         I am curious why you had to turn sandbox off for
> nvidia-drivers.  I've
> never had to.  If memory serves, the last time I had trouble with the
> sandbox was firefox-1.5.xx.

i don't really why you have to do this. for what i know the sandbox
violation come when some package tries to use the root in a strange way.
this may be due to some ebuild bug. anyway i didn't experienced many
problems of sandbox violation, but when i did, putting feature -sandbox when
compiling it has given me no problem.

        Ain't Gentoo fun.  Two systems running the same things and two