On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 04:53:19PM +0100, Beso wrote:
> i'd like to do a thorough clean of my system, since i still get some
> problems with orphaned and stale files. is there a script or something that
> could help me do this?! i usually do manual remove when i remove a package
> from the system but this is getting more and more time losing.
> so if there's an automated way i'd be glad to try it out.

Try this one: http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Clean_Up_Cruft
You'll have to be careful and double check what findcruft reports, because it
only reports files that don't belong to an installed package. so it'll also
find some files in /etc/ und such.

--
Don't take life to seriously, you're not going to survive it anyway;)