Hi Volker,
on Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 09:53:02PM +0100, you wrote:
> with 'don't use genkernel' I meant 'don't use an initrd' - because it adds a
> lot of time to the boot. And with everything essential in the kernel it is a
> useless waste of time. But even if you don't use genkernel to create an
> initrd
> - there is no reason to use it at all.

Well, there are. I was just about to add one to my system to use
tuxonice with encrypted swap. AFAICS there's no way to have both at the
moment without an initrd. Although I don't really see why it *should*
be, cryptsetup being the only thing that needs to run before I can
resume; I think it should be possible to hack some in-kernel cryptsetup
using kdb's keyboard handling, just that nobody has done it yet :)

cheers,
        Matthias
--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0  8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665