On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:30:56 +0530
Michael Moore wrote -
> On 16:45 Tue 18 Nov     , Qian Qiao wrote:
> > By the look of the ebuild, it doesn't look like it wants xulrunner-bin.
> >
> > --
> > There are 3 kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and
> > those who can't.
>
> Indeed it doesn't. What i wanted to know was that can the bin package
> provide the files needed for the softwares to compile against? If not,
> then i guess i may have to stick with firefox lying around my sys.

On my system equery files mozilla-firefox lists a huge include library
including for instance
  /usr/lib64/mozilla-firefox/include/plugin/ nsIPluginInstance.h
which contains comments:
 * DO NOT EDIT.  THIS FILE IS GENERATED FROM nsIPluginInstance.idl

and
  * The nsIPluginInstance interface is the minimum interface plugin developers
  * need to support in order to implement a plugin instance. The plugin manager

equery files firefox-bin lists no include libraries , .h files or .idl files

So, I would guess that gecko-mediaplayer probably needs the include library
to build and, no, firefox-bin does not supply it.

Dave F