Beso wrote:
2008/12/5 Mark Haney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Joseph Jon Booker wrote:
On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 08:28:03 -0500
"Mark Haney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Quick question, is it still necessary to patch the 2.6.26 kernel for
broadcom wireless cards?  I've not found a new broadcom driver
in .26, so I'm hanging on to .25 for now, but I'd like to use .26.

Anyone using it with broadcom cards?  How did you set it up?

What does `lspci|grep Broadcom` say? I've got 4311 (rev2) and it works
fine on .25 and .26 without patches.

Mine's a 4306.  My problem is, I don't see (in .26) the module for the
Broadcom cards.  I know using my old config from .25 that the card isn't
even seen since no module is built.  So, how did you get your 4311 working?
 NDISWRAPPER?

if i recall well, that chip is not a real 4303, but something like
4316. and it doesn't work well with linux.
try to look on the official bcm43xx site and see what it says there. i
had a big deal of issues with that
card and so i've finished by buying a gigabyte one with an atheros chipset.

Beso, did you mean it's not a real 4306? (Instead of 4303) If so, my card works great in linux, I've not had any trouble with it ever. I get fantastic speeds and it's rock solid stable.

--
Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support