On Sunday 04 January 2009 12:33:27 Martin Herrman wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Paul Stear <gen...@appjaws.plus.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I have the following command which works well..
> > mp3gain --auto /home/"Fred Music"/mp3/B*/*.mp3
> >
> > I want to expand this so overnight I can get more directories completed.
> > I tried the following but it only did the directories starting "B", the
> > sequence after the && just wasn't actioned.  I have looked at bash docs
> > but can't find anything relevent (probably staring me in the face).
> > mp3gain --auto /home/"Fred Music"/mp3/B*/*.mp3 && mp3gain --auto
> > /home/"Fred Music"/mp3/C*/*.mp3 && mp3gain --auto /home/"Fred
> > Music"/mp3/D*/*.mp3
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > Paul
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> I have created some shell scripts that execute some operations on my
> ogg/mp3 file collection. I use 'find' to create a list of all my files
> and next process them. Ogg2mp3 also uses all of your cores. You might
> use these scripts and adapt them to your needs:
>
> http://www.herrman.nl/index.php?item=ogg2mp3tagfiles
>
> HTH,
>
> Martin

Thanks for your reply Martin.  I have looked at your scripts and I might be
able to use then in the future.  My main problem is that my collection is so
large, e.g 3104 files just in the directory beginning with "D" and that take
about 4+ hours to run. So I could do with operating on 3  directories
overnight.
I must be able to add commands to be operated on in sequence.

Any ideas?

Paul

--
This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux