Duncan wrote:

> 32 megs?  That's small!  How old is it?  I looked at that and thought to
> myself "typo, he must have meant gigs", but then I saw the below...

It's very tiny, I'll admit.  It came with a camera I bought about four
months ago.  Needless to say, this is the first time it's ever been used
for anything; I keep a 2GB SD card in said camera.

> Yes, it must have been 32 meg.  reiserfs uses a 4k blocksize by default,
> and as it mentions, an 8193 block journal, again by default.  That's
> about... 32 MB.  So yes indeed, you'd have problems fitting that on a 32
> MB device -- it'd be all journal!  There are parameters you can add to
> mkfs.reiserfs/mkreiserfs to change both the block size (-b, 512 byte to
> 8k, 4k default) and the journal size (-s, 513-32749 blocks, default
> 8193), thus yielding a minimum journal size of 256.5kb which would have
> easily fit, but you'd not be expected to know that since you don't run it
> routinely, and even many who do probably don't know it.

I'll do some playing around with that this weekend and see what happens.

> be written, I don't believe reiserfs is particularly suitable for flash
> based media.

I'm inclined to agree with you; this card was just used for the purpose
of improperly unmounting LUKS filesystems because it was laying around.
 I could just as easily have used a file system image or an external
hard drive from the corner store.

--

The Doctor [412/724/301/703]

WWW: http://drwho.virtadpt.net/

...and that is how we know the earth is banana-shaped.