On Freitag 30 Januar 2009, Mark Haney wrote:
> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
>  good enough.
>
> >> I thought there were going to be no meta ebuilds for 4.2?
> >
> > you thought wrong ;)
> >

> > ls kde-meta
> > ChangeLog  kde-meta-3.5.10.ebuild  kde-meta-3.5.9.ebuild  kde-
> > meta-4.1.4.ebuild  kde-meta-4.2.0.ebuild  Manifest  metadata.xml
>
> I noticed that the Gentoo KDe 4 upgrade page makes note of the need to
> use meta ebuilds.  Which I didn't notice yesterday.  My bad.  It' so
> bloody hard to keep up with everything.

I didn't look at the guide - I just installed 4.2 from the kde-testing overlay
using the sets there. But I was pretty sure that the meta ebuilds are still
there and a ls isn't a costly operation ;) So, if a set does not work, meta is
always an alternative. Also - aren't sets only supported with the latest
couple of portage versions?