Mark Haney wrote:
Stan Sander wrote:

AHA!!  I think I have a suggestion that may just work.  In the kdm login
screen, down near the bottom toward the right side is a Session menu. click on this and select KDE 4.2 as your session. By default, this is set to your previous session, which is obviously KDE 4.1 in your case. Since the default is your previous session, you will only need to do
this once each time you want to use a different desktop session.  BTW
this option applies on a per user/login basis, so you can have your
session set to KDE4.2 and the next person can use KDE 3.5.x and so
forth.  You can even select gnome if you have that on your system.

You know, I never thought of that, and I do it all the time at home
switching between KDE and GNOME.  But I never do it on my laptop since I
only have KDE on it.

That just might be the solution.  I'll let you know.

lol