On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Markos Chandras<hwoar...@gentoo.org> wrote:

>> > These blockages come from qt4-build eclass. They prevent you from mixing
>> > qt version ( having some packages on 4.5.1 and some others on 4.4.2 ).
>> >
>> > use emerge -uDN world and you should be fine
>> >
>> > If 4.5.1 is still keyworded for your architecture, make sure to keyword
>> > all qt modules before proceeding with emerge -uDN world
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > --
>> > Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
>> > Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sunrise/Sound]
>> > Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org
>>
>> Indeed, now there's the answer. The previous printout was from an
>> emerge -DuN @system. I got both red and blue blockage responses which
>> emerge won't fix by itself. In this case switching to emerge -DuN
>> @world removes the problem and shows everything as blue.
>>
>> Granted - it's 28 packages instead of 12, but that's OK.
>>
>> Now, I'm currently running the emerge -DuN world to get the job done,
>> but when it finishes I'd like to understand what parts of @system are
>> requiring qt at all. I seem to think that somehow I've added flags to
>> @system level packages that maybe I don't need?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> - Mark
>
> Well, you can stop the emerge -uDN world now and use
>
> emerge -uDNavt @system. -t parameter will printout the full dependency graph
> and you can see what system package is pulling the qt libraries ;)
>
> --
> Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
> Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sunrise/Sound]
> Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org

Nahh. It's almost done at this point. I'll just let it go and have a
machine that's up to date. Normally I try to do an emerge -DuN @system
maybe twice a week and then an emerge -DuN @world once every two to
three weeks. I don't remember a case in the last 4-5 years of running
this 64-bit system where I was sort of forced to do the emerge -DuN
world for something like this.

Don't get me wrong - if there's a reason for it then great. I'm not
questioning it. I was just surprised!

Thanks,
Mark