On 06/12/2009 09:40 AM, Keith Jackson wrote:
I am getting the following error. I don't want X on my system, it's a
server box, but i do want mono. Perhaps I'm dumb, but from this error
message I can't figure out how to tell it that yes, I want mono, and no,
I don't want X, and yes, I want to update my system. Any advice?

First, check if this is possible at all! To do that, try to build manually (using the tarball of mono in /usr/portage/distfiles) by following upstream directions on how to do so.

If there's no way to build without X, then Portage can't do anything about it. If it is possible, then file a bug report about it and request the "X" USE flag for dev-lang/mono.