I use emerge-webrsync to update a couple of boxes that are not connected
to internet. I grab a portage snapshot, copy it
to /var/tmp/emerge-webrsync/ and run the tool. It worked fine till
yesterday, when it tried to create the updated portage/ tree
under /var/tmp/emerge-webrsync/portage instead of /usr/portage/.

The last successful update -uDv world on this box was done maybe 1.5
months ago.

The same method still works fine on another box, the main difference
being that the one not working is no-multilib.

I checked bugzilla but nothing seems to apply. My /etc/portage/mirrors
is empty, GENTOO_MIRRORS is set to a nfs mounted directory.

Any idea where to look for?

raf