On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Mark Knecht<markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Josh Sled<js...@asynchronous.org> wrote:
>> Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> writes:
>>> 2) Poking around the running environment things seem to work and it's
>>> nicely up to date with a new kernel, etc. One thing I didn't find
>>> though was /etc/make.conf.
>>>
>>>    I'm curious as to where I might get a copy of make.conf to see how
>>> gcc flags were set up for this CD? If there isn't a specific file then
>>> is there some way to get the flag settings from some other tool?
>>
>> /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example
>>
>> I too noticed that /etc/make.conf wasn't part of the autobuilt stage3,
>> but had forgotten to report it.
>
> Thanks. I'll boot it again today and double check it and I'm sure
> you're right about it being there but I'm wondering how to ensure it's
> really what was used for the boot CD? It's not critical - more my
> curiosity at this point.

OK, so having booted the install CD again and looking at
/usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example it seems that no CFLAGS
are set in the example file. Maybe this is the way that the install CD
is built, but I suspect that they probably use the first line which is
commented out, if not more:

CFLAGS="-mtune=k8 -O2 -pipe"

- Mark