I run python-updater.  I get this:

command substitution: line 415: syntax error near unexpected token `<'
command substitution: line 415: `scanelf -qBN ${OLD_SONAME} < <('

Python-updater is a bash script.  Checking the source reveals
this code at line 415:

broken_libs="$(scanelf -qBN ${OLD_SONAME} < <(
grep -e '^obj' ${content} | cut -d' ' -f2))"

Now, this line is a nested command substitution.  To fix, just
replace the second "<" character with "$":

 broken_libs="$(scanelf -qBN ${OLD_SONAME} < $(
grep -e '^obj' ${content} | cut -d' ' -f2))"

This fix removes the error message and allows python-updater to
check my system, but I now see some other messages which are,
to me, a bit puzzling.  Here is just one example of many:

/usr/bin/rgb2ycbcr: No such file or directory

The file rgb2ycbcr is there, as are all the other files that are
marked as missing.

Is python-updater working properly for everyone?  I searched
google and bugs.gentoo.org for the above line 415 error message but
found nothing, and I can't believe that no one else has so far
missed it.  A bug like this should have been spotted immediately,
yet re-emerging python-updater gives the same error.

Frank Peters