On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Frank Peters <frank.pet...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 02:48:24 +0000 (UTC)
> Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net> wrote:
>

>> Personally, I've been waiting for some general level documentation to come
>> across my radar before I get involved with either of these.
>>

> That's always the problem.  Documentation for the many gcc options is sparse
> at best, and because creating comprehensive documentation would be a gigantic
> task, it will probably always be so.

AFAIK the short-and-sweet versions:

add to USE "graphite"
add to CFLAGS "-floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -floop-block"

add to USE "lto"
add to CFLAGS "-flto" (must also have some form of -O optimization enabled)

What they actually do and when it is appropriate to use or not use
them is left an as exercise to the reader. :)