On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Paul Stear <gen...@appjaws.plus.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I think I have a symbolic link problem. Any thought on how to solve this
> error.
> unexpected reloc type in static binarymake[1]: *** [install-symbolic-link]
> LDFLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed,-O1 -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,--sort-common -s"

See this forum post:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6395405.html

Seems your LDFLAGS may be the culprint. Specifically this part of
ssuominen's post:

quote:
-Wl,-s (or plain -s) breaks Portage's strip handling,
FEATURES="nostrip", FEATURES="-nostrip". Also, toolchain packages,
exactly like glibc handles stripping in very selective way -> Some of
the installed binaries/libraries *can* be stripped, and some *cannot*.
Just forcing stripping for everything is... like I said, insane