Its a known problem, there is a bug up about it (sorry forget the number).
Apparently various files (like the digest) take a different path, and
aren't being updated due to some
problem with files getting updated without their time stamp changing,
so rsync doesn't update them.

I haven't had it for a few weeks, thought they had it fixed.