Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> What should I re-emerge in order to try to get evolution to be
> stable.  So far, I've re-emerged:
>
> evolution
> evoluiton-data-server
> glibc
> gtk+
> bonobo
> libbonobo

What versions of these packages are you using?
(Easiest to see with: 'genlop --list --date 3 days ago'.)

Which gcc and what flags are you using?  (Show 'emerge --info'.)

If your flags are sane, then you could try an 'emerge -e evolution'.
But see for a much shorter list near the end of:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-367777-highlight-evolution+glibc+detected.html

> Evolution even crashes with "*** glibc detected *** free():
> invalid pointer: 0x08435618 ***" when I'm scrolling on a window,
> such as the contact information window!

Wouldn't you want to post this to gentoo-user?  Many more people
following that list.

Benno