-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi --

This email attempts to present an additional semi-follow-up to the
thread titled, "Please do not stabilize packages for arches you cannot
test for" [1]. I'm writing this to clarify my own ideas and to get the
input of other devs.

I recently created an ebuild for naim version 0.11.6.4, with these keywords:

- - 0.11.6.4 KEYWORDS="-* ~x86"

And naim version 0.11.6.1 had these keywords:

- - 0.11.6.1 KEYWORDS="x86 ppc ~sparc ~mips ~alpha ~arm ~hppa ia64 ~amd64"

With the "Please do not stabilize packages..." [1] thread still
lingering in my head, my thoughts lacked clarity regarding whether to
add these other arched keywords lest I mess something up...

Some fellow developers clarified that when doing a version bump for a
package I should maintain the tilde-arched (e.g. ~ppc) keywords and
tilde-arch non-tilde-arched keywords.

Also, an explanation of how to interpret "-*" was given as "broken on
all arches except the ones explicitly specified". Things such as x86
binaries might have this keyword.

Hopefully this is the right idea, if it isn't or if there's any caveats
I didn't think of then please comment!

Thanks!

- -

References:

[1] - http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/14685

- --
(------------------------------(
~ )~~~~~ Jason A. Mobarak ~~~~~~~)
(~~ aether_at_gentoo_dot_org ~~(
~ )~~~~ jmob_at_unm_dot_edu ~~~~~)
(------------------------------(
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFABJ4IVu24D/vyzbgRAtnCAJ0WWP3ehEFTxY8erJnPUuPAUGu7QgCeKhKD
qfuzZx7EpwBi26rKtHgNL5A=
=CBLW
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list



Reply via email to