On Tuesday 18 January 2005 19:25, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 01:01 +0800, Yuan MEI wrote:
> > I am a Chinese Language speaker, I need the support on big5 or better
> > gbk, and I am using FVWM-Crystal which suggests me to use aterm.  So,
> > is there anybody who can deal with this stuff?  As I know, there
> > exists a patch dealing with gbk, so will it be added into portage?
>
> Hi,

> really appropriate for this.
>
> Thanks,
> Donnie

Support for asian character sets (and IME's) is not as easy as it sounds.
While we actually support many their use is not well documented (partly due
to the lack of English documentation for these tools). We do have some
Chinese people around so they should probably know. You might want to check
the forum or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze