On Thursday 20 January 2005 01:16, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 00:51 +0100, Alexander Mieland wrote:
> > > Personally, I would have the compile done in a pkg_config function
> > > and have the ebuild simply display whether the function needed to
> > > be run or not based on the existence of the file.
> >
> > can you tell me, how this should look like in the ebuild, before I
> > again get flamed because I've released an ebuild which is against
> > all policies or whatever...?
>
> pkg_postinst() {
>   if [ -f ${ROOT}/etc/basc/bash-time ]
>   then
>     einfo "Benchmark data present.  To re-run the benchmark execute:"
>     einfo "ebuild /var/db/pkg/${CATEGORY}/${PF}/${PF}.ebuild config"
>   else
>     ewarn "Benchmark data not present.  You will need to execute:"
>     ewarn "ebuild /var/db/pkg/${CATEGORY}/${PF}/${PF}.ebuild config"
>     ewarn "before using basc."
>   fi
> }
>
> pkg_config() {
>   mkdir -p ${ROOT}/tmp/${PF}
>   cd ${ROOT}/tmp/${PF}

from where should the ebuild get the bash-source-tarball?
shouldn't here also be a wget or something else?

>   unpack ${DISTFILES}/bash-3.0.tar.bz2
>   cd bash-3.0
>   time ./configure > time.configure
>   time make > time.make
>   # Bunch of math I'm not going to do in my head right now
>   cp time.total ${ROOT}/etc/basc/bash-time
> }

okay, this looks very good. Thanks for this.
But would the other devs be satisfied with this?
Or would the whole discussion continue then at the beginning again?

--
http://de.gentoo-wiki.com              Alexander Mieland (aka dma147)
http://www.gentoo-stats.org             Registered Linux-User #249600