> On Jan 6, 2005, at 10:25 am, Niksa Baldun wrote:
> > My suggestion is: don't use emerge for *. I am a big fan of Gentoo and
> > emerge, but some packages are just not mantained well. I had a lot of
> > strange problems when using emerge to install *. Just check it out
> > from CVS and compile manually. This also makes it easier to apply
> > various pathes
> [author is using * here to mean "Asterisk"]

> On Jan 6, 2005, at 3:44 pm, Brian West wrote:
> > No it didn't.. it runs as root.  REPEAT AFTER ME..
> >
> > I WILL NOT INSTALL ASTERISK, LIBPRI or ZAPTEL from PORTAGE!
> >
> > That's the only answers.... I'm a gentoo user too and I NEVER use
> > portage
> > for those three things

I would actually be very happy to take over maintenance of this software
if it is currently lacking a a maintainer (I haven't checked).
If there is a current maintainer, then I am also equally happy to help
out if they would like me to.

This kind of software is important to a distribution of our size if we
are to look at stabilising parts for a server based spin-off.

Any feedback welcome.

- John

--
Role:            Gentoo Linux Kernel Lead
Gentoo Linux:    http://www.gentoo.org