On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 10:25:55PM -0600, Daniel Goller wrote:
> The case for versioned eclasses
> ===============================

Wow, a lot of heat on this topic. :-)

I've made one suggestion earlier (including eclasses in binary packages
and "source seed" packages), and while those features would be really cool,
I'm still pondering the base issue as I see it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but eclass files currently don't have the same
ability to go through the ~arch unstable/stable process.

How do these get tested currently?  With ebuilds, a user can see ~arch
versions and test them if he wants.  I don't see the same ability with
eclasses.

Feel free to reply directly if you don't want to keep this on the list.

Thanks,
- Chris