The pic patch was more fun than I wanted it to be.. so I cleaned it up a 3rd time. Now.. to prevent another slew of bug reports, I'm going safe this time. I'm looking for people mainly on x86 architecture with both intel and amd processors (ia-32 and amd/amd64). Please replace the mplayer-1.0_pre6-pic.patch with the one here:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~chriswhite/mplayer-1.0_pre6-pic.patch

and also unmask mplayer-1.0_pre6-r2.  This can be done by:

`echo "media-video/mplayer-1.0_pre6-r2" >> /etc/portage/package.unmask`

should it not work and you want to revert your versions, simply remove the appropriate line from /etc/portage/package.unmask and re-emerge to use -r1. Please let me know if you encounter anything strange in ac3/a52 decoding or anything else. You are not obligated to do this test, but such testing would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time and using Gentoo.

--
Chris White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>