On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 00:19 +0200, Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenà wrote:
> On Thursday 31 March 2005 23:35, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > if you do split it though, i'd suggest you split every module rather than
> > just certain ones that catch your fancy ... better to be consistent :p
> That's what I wanted to do, provide only basic modules with linux-pam
> (pam_unix and other) needed for basic auth facilities.

And every time there is a version update also update the slew of other
ebuilds?  Like I said, if I wanted to be in the KDE/gstreamer herds, I
would have been.

> pam_console was just the first of the list.

You want it that bad, you can do it, but then you are its daddy, and do
all the updating, bug fixing (I'm sure the devfs crap do will give
issues, as its compile tested to 0.78 api) etc (and thank god if you
do).

> Anyway, pam 0.79 is out.. I just ask pam herd if they can add virtual/pam so
> that we can continue on openpam :)

Yes, I know will get to it somewhere - its usually a pita to get some
patches updated (pam_console-* for example :/) ... I'll get to it
eventually (want to first see what fedora do, as many pam guys are from
redhat).

--
Martin Schlemmer
Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer