Stephen P. Becker wrote:
> This is really getting into a whole different
> discussion altogether about having a security update only tree, but
> there has been talk of this a few times before...search the mailing list
> archives.

Yep, of course I know; I wasn't asking for "stable" tree.

> Removing old profiles will do nothing other than forcing them to set a
> new profile.  Changing the profile won't stop people from doing security
> only updates.

Okay, as long as "changing the profile" won't affect people *much* (I
mean if it doesn't break their boxes), it is perfectly correct.

I asked just to make sure that broken /etc/make.profile won't completely
screw up Portage or so :-).

-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth