Tom Martin posted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, excerpted below,
on Fri, 06 May 2005 23:23:01 +0100:

> I have the pleasure to tell you all about another new developer. His
> name is Duncan Coutts, and he lives in Oxford
>
> Please show Duncan a warm welcome.

Hi, dcoutts.  Another Duncan! =8^)

I'm not a Gentoo dev (yet?), but I /am/ a regular on the list, and use
"Duncan" both here and on bugzilla as [EMAIL PROTECTED], tho the 1i5t5
can change when the address starts getting to much spam, and of course
the domain can change. A namespace clash agreement might be beneficial. <g>

If you have no strong preference, dcoutts would maintain the distinction.
I have a preference, but you are the developer while I'm just a user, so
if you prefer "Duncan", I'll look for something else.  (FWIW, Duncan is my
surname, but "John" is my first name, and I always put it this way..
There's always too many johns around -- unless you need one. <g>  Thus,
I've used Duncan both in meatspace and on the net for a number of years.
Surprisingly, perhaps, just plain "Duncan" has clashed less than John
Duncan or jduncan did.  Maybe I should now be "Freedomware Duncan"?  <g>)