Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 16:21 +0300, Alin Nastac wrote:
>

>>Please explain what do you understand as "mobile computing". You keep
>>using this term.
>>>From what I see in herds.xml, mobile == "Wireless (802.11a/b/g,
>>bluetooth, etc) related items"
>>

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_computing

Then it is true... mobile phone stuff classifies as mobile computing. It
should be your playground, not mine.

>>Mobile phones are far from PDAs. I don't see anything you can't do with
>>a PDA (since it _is_ a computer).
>>Compared to them, _normal_ mobile phones are very limited devices.
>>

>My last two mobile phones (Motorola A920 and Motorola E1000) are
>symbian-based hand-helds, and they act like a PDA - but I still can't do
>the same stuff with my PDA as I can with a PC.

Well, my wife has a Erricson T610, which is far from being as advanced
as yours.

>I suggested app-pda because of the metadata.xml description:
>
>        The app-pda category contains software for working with personal
>        digital assistants or hand-held computers.
>
>As I've said, I think most modern mobile phones can be considered being
>a PDA/hand-held computer.

Category names should help users in searching their favorite
applications. I doubt that anyone will look in app-pda for gammu.