On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 10:12:03PM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> What about adding a "panic" mode to portage which, when confronted with a
> missing profile, (and after confirmation) continues to upgrade portage to the
> latest version it can find with some default settings that should allways
> work.
Can't see any tenuable way to pull it off; without the profile,
keywording can be something of a crapshoot (consider p.mask'ed portage
versions, which do, and will continue to, occur).

Depends on your definition of default though I spose; I'd expect it
would require a portage modification though :)
~brian