Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> Quite likely you changed db versions along the run. While this
> theoretically should work. The best course of action is to dump the
> repository. Make sure you have a consistent use of db, and load the
> repository. Alternatively you could try to use fs_fs

Eventually I was able to get a dump by compiling 1.1.4 myself using
all the dependencies included in the source with the exception of
db-4.1.25_p1-r4.

> In principle the 1.0 apr's and later should work for subversion. The main
> versions are still the 0.9.x versions though. These are the ones I use.
> These database errors are normally not related to the apache version.
> (apr/apr-util can be related though).

I was able to get the 1.1.4 ebuild to work but only with
apache-2.0.52-r3, apr-0.9.5-r3, and apr-util-0.9.5.  All my attempts
to merge 1.1.4 or 1.1.3 and apache-2.0.53/54 (which use apr 0.9.6)
resulted in the same failing svn binaries.

With the working apache-2.0.52 and subversion-1.1.4 combination I
dropped the repository, recreated as fsfs, and successfully loaded the
dump I made with my own compile of 1.1.4.  It's been running fine since.

> Also for very safe subversion, try to first unmerge it and only after that
> compile.

That I did.

Regards,

Ian