On 5/18/05, Donnie Berkholz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How is it that you know those two greps will catch everything?
I don't. In fact I am sure they don't catch everything: given a Turing
machine one can replace all halts by a "do something with flex". So it
is undecidable if x11 rdepends on flex (or xbill) and one must prove
it to be sure. I just want to give some indications that flex is not a
dependency.

Another one:
epm -ql flex:
there is some docs, some infos and a man page. I assume that X doesn't
need those.
there is a static lib and a header. As far as I know X doesn't compile
anything after it is installed.
there is the flex binary. As far as I know X doesn't create lexical
analyzer after it is installed.

Please don't missunderstand me. I am not being pedantic. I am creating
a thin-client with gentoo and would like to make it easier for someone
that wants to do that something similar afterwards.

Thanks,
Rafael