On Fri, 20 May 2005 15:06:12 +0900 Georgi Georgiev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
|       - The configure script is run to produce one or Makefile files
|       from Makefile.in files.
|       + The configure script is run to produce
|       one or more Makefile files from Makefile.in files.

Gah! I'm sure I'd already fixed that one...

| The phrase "when an option is specified" is a bit ambiguous,
| especially since it is later referred by the explanation of
| AC_ARG_WITH. I was not sure if "option" in this case means "option" as
| in "--enable-foo=OPTION". I was confused, because one paragarph before
| the example you talk about "--enable-foo and --disable-foo *switches*
| to ./configure".

.. Important:: The third argument is used when a ``--enable`` or
  ``--disable`` switch to ``./configure`` is provided, and the fourth
  is used when such a switch is *not* passed. A common misconception is
  that the third is enable and the fourth is disable -- this is **not**
  the case. You may encounter packages that get this wrong.

Does that sound any better?

| - coloring
|
|       %.1 : %.in
|               @regex_cmd@ -e "s,[EMAIL PROTECTED]@,$(VERSION),g" $? > $@
|
| The first "@" is span.Special and the second one is span.Constant.

Hrm, that's a vim thing (I'm using a vim script to do the highlighting
at compile time, it's not manual). If someone enjoys pain they could
have a go at making vim's automake highlighting smarter... Don't think
I'm brave enough to touch that one myself.

Thanks,
--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm