Perl modules needs to go under /path/to/perl-version/vendor_perl/ in that case
(vendor_perl being the key). You can call perl within a function to get the
perl version/vendor_path (see eclass).

And i'm going to leave the comment on submitting ebuilds dangling lest i start
a flame war :)

--

Michael Cummings   |    #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl