On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 11:13 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 27 May 2005 09:40 am, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> > Where would the livecd say this?
>
> all the code i referenced was from inside baselayout ... and the livecd
> wouldnt do it, when you emerge baselayout with USE=livecd, the config file
> would be setup

OK... except we don't remerge baselayout anymore... it could be done, of
course...

> > Also, what if we *want* the livecd to check the volume addon modules?
>
> Not My Problem ?  the volume code has *always* been disabled in baselayout
> for
> livecds, nothing is changing ... plus, the startup code is for people who
> have configured crap already ... you dont exactly have config files on a
> livecd for your volumes :p

Makes sense to me... I guess this doesn't have anything to do with the
volume scanning done on the livecd... I really don't understand what any
of the lvm/evms junk does anyway... and I'm sure you understand it much
better than I do, so I'll take your word for it... and if something
breaks, I know where to send the bugs... *grin*

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead/QA Manager