On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 11:13 +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> On Thursday 16 June 2005 10:53, Patrick Lauer wrote:
> > Maybe someone with some scripting skillz could create a list of all
> > "orphaned" packages?
> > (no metadata.xml, no active maintainer, ...)
> I've learned with first-person experience that no metadata doesn't means that
> a package is orphaned...
ok, but it's still a "bug"
> So maybe it's better said to developers: if you maintain something *please*
> add a metadata, or update it, so that who looks at bugs know who to ask to.
For that we should have a list of all affected packages I think.

> > Always a drag to see packages getting dropped, but if noone maintains
> > them there's not much that can be done.
> Well maybe we can have a way to define "latest portage version" for removed
> package (a tag on cvs?) so that someone can prepare a weekly tarball of
> removed packages waiting for new maintainers or so on.
you mean a repository of removed ebuilds?
I don't know if that is a good idea, but it sure has some uses.
But if I'm not mistaken files can be resurrected from cvs, so they are
not "lost", only less accessible.

Patrick
--
Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move