On 16/06/05, Marius Mauch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 00:12:30 +0200
> Torsten Veller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Ok, here is a license: <http://rafb.net/paste/results/j88sYC87.html>
> > I couldn't decide if this one is present already.
> > All i have checked are slightly different. Maybe someone knows ;)
> >
> > If it is not in licenses/, can someone suggest a name for this one?
>
> Looks like as-is.

Reclassifying a license based on what it "looks like" and then
redistributing software puts Gentoo into an undesirable legal
position. Gentoo developers are not IP lawyers - none of us I have the
training to assess whether two licenses are equal. Additionally, many
license texts are actually based on something like as-is, but with
minor changes. Unless a package explicity says "this software is
distributed under the xxx license", then it shouldn't be classed as
being under that license - developers have no right to represent the
license of a package as being anything other than a perfect
reproduction of the license in the package archive.