Luca Barbato wrote:

>Kumba wrote:
>

>>I'm just stating this, because once reiserfs4 goes mainline (I believe
>>it's in -mm currently), we are bound to have users hitting various bumps
>>and ruts in the road using it, and if they file bugs to our bugzilla
>>that aren't related to patches we produce, then they'll likely wind up
>>closed as invalid and such. This saves the users time, and may get them
>>the answers they seek (or at least a resolution of some kind).  It also
>>saves our bug-wranglers time by now having to deal with more invalid bugs.
>>

>We can always patch the problem in the g-s ^^
>
>Given reiserfs4 is around for enough time and lots of brave users tested
>it, it MAY be not so unstable. (still I like jfs and xfs more, and I use
>them just for transient data (large video and image processing tests and
>so on))

As a ppc64 arch and can officially state that reiser4fs is very unstable
under ppc64 as of the last time I checked, which was some where in the
2.6.12rc cycle plus mm patch.

That said, we're not RedHat. We ship as MANY features as we can and let
the user decide. I agree that it is valuable to get reiser4 testing done
up front. Eventually - some people will use it. Last I checked "I think
$FOO is stupid" wasn't a valid closure code in bugzilla ;-)

--

Omkhar Arasaratnam - Gentoo PPC64 Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://dev.gentoo.org/~omkhar