Sven Wegener wrote:     [Wed Jul 06 2005, 08:04:04PM EDT]
> I'm writing this mail to bring you a thought we had over on freenode
> in the #gentoo-portage channel. We would like to split up
> src_compile. The new src_configure should just do the econf part and
> src_compile should do the emake part. This represents the general
> 3-step[1] installation in a much better way.

This would be great in that it would be possible to do:

    ebuild blah.ebuild configure

then change to the directory and work on it.  But the other side of
the coin is that you're talking about a LOT of ebuild changes, right?

Regards,
Aron

--
Aron Griffis