On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 12:00:50PM -0400, Nathan L. Adams wrote:

> Jon Portnoy wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 10:54:46AM -0400, Nathan L. Adams wrote:
> >
> > So when can we discuss the salaries you're going to pay the team leads
> > to waste fairly significant quantities of time staring over everybody's
> > shoulder? 8)
> >

> Ha! If you don't like people staring over your shoulder, or if you
> expect payment for your time, go work for Microsoft. ;)
>
> I mean seriously, since when is someone else looking at your work a Bad
> Thing in F/OSS?? I really can't get my brain around that one.

I didn't say that.

I'm saying that (a) team leads do not want to waste their time in such a
way just to give you warm fuzzies (b) devs do not particularly want
their team lead reviewing every single action they take, it sends the
message that devs don't know wtf they're doing and need their hands held

--
Jon Portnoy
avenj/irc.freenode.net