maillog: 12/07/2005-20:07:11(-0400): Ned Ludd types
> On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 00:01 +0200, Stefan Knoblich wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > this has been a little longer on my ToDo list and i think now is the right
> > time to propose it
> > (before starting to put asterisk-1.2(_pre) stuff into the tree...).
> >
> > Things that should be moved:
>
> s/should/could
>

> > and everything else telephony related that's missing here.
> >
> > Why net-telephony?
> > Some of these things aren't purely (or enterely not) VoIP only e.g.
> > asterisk, zaptel and libpri
> > (and more stuff being out there that wouldn't fit into a voip only
> > category).
>
> > Comments? Suggestions?
>

> While as much as we love and depend on these programs. Moving them wont
> really help anything other than making the tree slightly easier to
> navigate by end users. This slight gain of category navigation comes at
> a price in that it invalidates existing packages/GRP sets and causes
> breakage for users that utilized overlays. One might think is that not
> what fixpackages is supposed to fix. But sadly the existing fixpackages
> is flawed in design which renders it pretty much usable to most.
>
> I love these ebuilds but I hope you do not add net-telephony to the
> tree.

Every post against moving/renaming a package in the tree gets my
support. Remember, the alternative to a flat portage tree is to keep
packages in place.

--
-*   Georgi Georgiev   -* The sheep died in the wool.                  -*
*-    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    *-                                              *-