On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 19:15:15 -0700 "Robin H. Johnson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| vim-6.3.084 still breaks them, unless you set encoding=utf-8 in your
| vim settings. It's the same bug I spoke to you about earlier today.

Bleh, I just figured that one out. The best way around it is to export
LC_ALL=en_US.utf8 before editing UTF-8 files.

| As a vim workaround, maybe force encoding=utf-8 in the gentoo filetype
| stuff?

Hrm, we can't mess with encoding without breaking things for people
using silly terminals (like aterm, gnome-terminal and konsole) that lie
about their $TERM.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm