On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:26:49 -0400
Mike Frysinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thursday 11 August 2005 07:02 am, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > With noman and the like, how's the following for a solution? A lot
> > of the ebuild functions contained within portage will be moving
> > into the tree once signing is in. What about adding
> > {pre,post}_src_{compile,install,...} hooks into portage that will
> > live in the tree that USE="man" support can be implemented in
> > globally? For those packages that have a specific interest, the USE
> > flag will be available. Everything should be happy on the ebuild
> > side of things. (On the U/I side of things, stuff can be done to
> > cut down the noise.)
>
> so you're saying that the default ebuild.sh functions are going to be
> moving into the tree to a place which will be auto-sourced before the
> ebuild and its eclasses ?
> -mike

If you read it again you'll notice the {pre,post} part ;)
IIRC that's already in HEAD for /etc/portage/bashrc, so extending it to
$PORTDIR shouldn't be an issue.

Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.